Belize - Belize News - - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Featured, Trials » PC Michelle Brown Says G.S.U. Member Shot Fareed Ahmad
Dec 9, 2020

PC Michelle Brown Says G.S.U. Member Shot Fareed Ahmad

Michelle Brown

Michelle Brown, the police constable who is standing trial for the shooting murder of Belize City barber Fareed Ahmad, told the court in an explosive testimony on Tuesday that it was another lawman who had entered Ahmad’s vehicle and shot him.  In a session that ended late in the evening, Brown testified under oath that the gunman was a member of the same special assignment team of which she was a member. She identified the shooter by name and said that he gained entry into the back seat of Ahmad’s vehicle just as Ahmad had slowed down to cross a speed bump on the George Price Highway in the Hattieville area. Brown’s testimony revealed how she wanted to travel to Belmopan that night and that she had gotten a ride in another vehicle to the junction of the George Price Highway with Independence Boulevard in Belize City.  As she stood there, another vehicle stopped to offer her a lift.  The driver was Ahmad.  She said that she got in his vehicle and that they spoke casually along the way.  A part of their conversation touched on Ahmad’s complaint that he had filed with the Professional Standards Branch of the Police Department the day before against certain members of the Special Assignment Team who he felt had harassed and humiliated him without reason during a search and detention that yielded nothing incriminating.  She said he told her that he did not sign the complaint and that she advised him that he should in order to make it official.  Seconds after Ahmad was shot in the right side of his face, he lost control of his grey B.M.W. S.U.V. and slammed into a parked truck off the shoulder of the George Price Highway.  He managed to get out of the vehicle, but Brown was trapped in the front passenger side and had to be taken out by residents who arrived at the scene to see what had happened. They were the only ones found at the scene.  Both Brown and Ahmad were taken to the K.H.M.H. for medical treatment.  He had also suffered injuries to his forehead when the vehicle crashed. He died about two hours later. The prosecution, led by Senior Crown Counsel Shanice Lovell, closed its case on Tuesday and today, the parties visited the locus to get a better perspective of the sequence of events that unfolded around midnight on December twenty-eighth, 2017.  The defense, led by attorneys Anthony Sylvestre and Simeon Sampson will present their closing arguments after calling one person to the witness stand.

Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Comments are closed