Belize - Belize News - - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Disasters » Hattieville Fire Caused by Unattended Cooking on the Stove
Feb 19, 2020

Hattieville Fire Caused by Unattended Cooking on the Stove

Kenneth Mortis

Just after that fire started in Seine Bight, another was reported in Hattieville around two-thirty on Tuesday afternoon.  Three small structures were destroyed by the time firefighters arrived on the scene.  Kenneth Mortis of the National Fire Service told the media that the fire started in the snack shop as a result of an unattended stove.


Kenneth Mortis, Station Supervisor, Belize National Fire Service

“When we responded, we observed two collapsed structure that had already burned out. We got into operation trying to extinguish these hotspots and after that we launched an investigation. Our investigation, led is to confirm that of the two structures, one was used as a fast food establishment and the other was used as a place of residence. Unfortunately, the fast food proprietor had left the building with an unattended stove which contributed to the cause of the fire; thereby, leaving the sixty-eight-year-old of the structure homeless.”

Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Comments are closed