Belize - Belize News - - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Featured, Miscellaneous, People & Places » Simplex Designs will Request Court Order if P.S.U. Refuses to Vacate
Oct 17, 2019

Simplex Designs will Request Court Order if P.S.U. Refuses to Vacate

Estevan Perera

Perera says that if the deadline passes and the P.S.U. has not vacated the property, a court order will be pursued to have the union move out. According to Perera, the process can take anywhere between a couple of months to a year.


Estevan Perera, Attorney for Simplex Designs

“The way it works is that we send a notice to vacate and then you give the parties thirty days notice. If they fail to vacate then you are able to go the court and file an eviction claim where you are asking the court for an order for the parties to be evicted from the property but you need to send the notice. There is a requirement to send the thirty days notice to those parties. Our position is quite straight forward. Our clients are the owners of the property. They purchased the property and they are now seeking for the PSU to be removed from that property. There is no doubt that at this point in time they hold the legal title to this land. The main thing that is concerning to our client right now is that to deal with the eviction order and thereafter with other matters. The process is that once the time period has passed we will file the necessary claim. The court process will start. That could go from anywhere between three months to possible extended to a year.”

Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login