Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Trials » Man is Freed of Attempted Murder after Victim Refuses Court Action
Oct 7, 2019

Man is Freed of Attempted Murder after Victim Refuses Court Action

Stephon Anderson

He was shot behind the ear and grazed on his neck five years ago, but today after more than five years, twenty-seven-year-old Andrew Augustine wants no court action against the accused shooter.  The shooter was identified as Stephon Anderson, who was charge for the attempted murder, is a free man. This morning in the court of Justice Marilyn Williams, the shooting victim said he has forgiven his shooter. The issue now lies with the Belize Police Department, who he said is well aware of the reason why he was shot and almost died back in 2014.  Augustine told the Justice that when he came to court this morning, he noted that the police officers he had reported made up the prosecution list of witnesses to call in his case. Augustine wanted to know why none of the police officers had been charged for leaving him in the P.I.V. turf to be killed.  Justice Williams explained that he will need to follow up with the Professional Standard Branch. The D.P.P.’s office then entered a nolle prosequi against Anderson and he was free to go.  On February twenty-third, 2014, Augustine, a resident of Balan Street, was shot while walking on Jasmine Street. The crown evidence was that Augustine was released on Flamboyant Street and as he was walking to his home, he was shot by someone on bicycle who he identified as Anderson back in 2014.


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login