Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Disasters » Fire Destroys Room at San Pedro Hotel
Aug 8, 2019

Fire Destroys Room at San Pedro Hotel

Just after seven on Wednesday night, a fire broke inside a room at Conch Shell Hotel Inn located on the beach front of Barrier Reef Drive in San Pedro Town. First to arrive at the scene were police who observed that room four on the second floor of the two storey building was engulfed in flames. Fire fighters responded quickly and with te assistance of residents were able to contain the blaze from spreading. According to the hotel manager, Viviana Chun, the room was unoccupied at the time the fire broke. She was alerted by guests about smoke coming from room four and the fire service was called in. It is believed that the fire may have been caused by a refrigerator, which was recently repaired and placed in the room. She says she the refrigerator was connected on the same day. The room sustained minor damages and the total value of the damaged property is unknown.


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login