Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Featured, People & Places » Baby Vela Usher is Badly Burned during Electrical Fire
Feb 27, 2019

Baby Vela Usher is Badly Burned during Electrical Fire

Vela Usher

Aside from the spate of violence there was another unfortunate incident in Punta Gorda where a baby was injured. Eighteen-month-old Vela Usher was transported to Belize City and is hospitalized at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital following a fire on Tuesday evening at her home in Punta Gorda. According to the toddler’s mother, twenty-five-year-old Aaronie Gamboa seen in this photo, an electrical outlet inside the bedroom caught fire and quickly spread to a curtain which fell on baby Vela.  She was rushed to the PG Community Hospital with severe burns to her body and later transferred by ambulance to the Southern Regional Hospital in Dangriga. Thereafter she was brought to Belize City for emergency medical attention.  Police in Punta Gorda are investigating this incident.

 


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login