Belize - Belize News - - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Disasters » Lemonal Family Homeless after Fire Guts House
Jan 7, 2019

Lemonal Family Homeless after Fire Guts House

Orin Smith

There was a second fire on Sunday. It happened in village of Lemonal, also in the Belize District. The fire broke out at around three-thirty p.m. when a family of six was inside the house. Firefighters did not respond to the structural fire at the time because a report was made until after the house had been destroyed. Investigators do not believe that it was arson.


Orin Smith, Station Officer, National Fire Service

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the fire originated in one of the bedrooms of the structure. The structure had no electrical current and there was no cooking said to be done at the time of the incident. That fire still has not yet been determined what the cause was.”


Hipolito Novelo

“It’s leading more toward incendiary?”


Orin Smith

“No. It is more leaning towards an accidental fire.”


Hipolito Novelo

“No one was hurt in that fire?”


Orin Smith

“No. No one was hurt in either of the fire.”


Reports are that the fire may have been started accidentally by one of the children.

Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply