Belize - Belize News - - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Crime, Disasters » $140,000 Up in Smoke in San Pedro
Jan 22, 2015

$140,000 Up in Smoke in San Pedro

An early morning fire has destroyed a building and equipment valued over one hundred and forty thousand dollars belonging to Grand Colony Resort in San Pedro Town. After two on Wednesday morning, San Pedro Police responded to a 911 call at Grand Colony Resort on Sea Grape Drive where a wooden carpenter’s workshop was on fire. The Fire Department put out the blaze two and half hours later. According to police, the security guard at Grand Colony reported that he was on routine patrols on the property when he noticed smoke coming from inside the building. He tried to open the door, but the workshop was already engulfed in flames.  Neither the building nor its contents were insured. The Fire Department is still investigating this fire.

Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login