Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Trials » Prosecution throws in the towel for attempted murder trial
Jul 21, 2009

Prosecution throws in the towel for attempted murder trial

Also in the Supreme Court, Crown Council Ramirez told Justice Michelle Arana that he will not be pursuing the case against Ernest Pete Sacasa. And while it was not said in court, it is reported that the main witness did not wish to testify in fear for his life. The prosecution then entered a nolle prosequi and Sacasa was free to go. The twenty-six year old along with the now deceased Glenford Williams, were jointly charged with Attempted Murder. On September twelfth, 2007, two men, one armed with a gun, the other with a knife, stormed onto the premises of twenty-one year old Julian Gonzales in search of Karl Whitaker. When they could not locate him they left and when Whitaker thought it was clear, he exited the house but came face-to-face with one of the two men hiding behind a nearby fence. Five shots were directed at him allegedly by Sacasa, but none hit him. Earlier this year, Sacasa was charged after a shoot out with police on Lancaster Street.


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*