Belize - Belize News - - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Crime, Featured » 73 Year Old Man Succumbs to Injuries Received on July 10th…
Jul 30, 2014

73 Year Old Man Succumbs to Injuries Received on July 10th…

Stephen Michael Jr.

There is yet another murder to add to the long list of homicides in the month of July. A shooting incident back on July tenth has turned into a murder. Godfrey Jones was shot on Lizarraga Avenue as he socialized with friends. He was rushed to the K.H.M.H. where he remained in stable condition until Monday when he succumbed. According to information received, the wounds of the seventy-three year old became infected causing his demise.

And in other murders earlier this week, five days ago the lifeless body of former Ephesus Seventh Day Adventist Teacher, Stephen Michael Junior, was found on a bed inside his house off Fabers Road Extension. The twenty-eight old was discovered by his housekeeper last Friday morning with blood trickling from the mouth. The police have classified the incident as a case of sudden death, but his family is crying foul play. An autopsy conducted today concludes that the cause of death is acute lung failure massive pulmonary edema. The results say that it appears Michael Junior had a lung disease and that specimens have been retrieved for testing. We are still pending results of postmortems on the bodies of Carlos Mayorga, Alida Asencio and Winston Whylie; all murdered between Saturday morning and Tuesday afternoon.

Mayorga and Asencio’s murders are still being grieved by residents of the nearby Mopan Street area. The tacos vendors were two of four persons murdered in an early morning home invasion by two armed robbers. Mayorga died on the spot after he was shot to the neck. Asencio was hit to the chest and abdomen and succumbed on Tuesday after several days of treatment at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital. Karina and Sijhan Avila, both nineteen year old who survived the ordeal, were also shot to various parts of the body; they currently remain hospitalized in a stable condition. News Five spoke to police today, who confirmed that the three persons that were initially detained for questioning in the double murder have since been released and investigations into the incident continues.

Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login