Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » October, 2010 You are currently browsing entries posted in: October, 2010

NEMO says 200 homes damaged and $33.8 Million in damages so far

According to NEMO Coordinator, Noreen Fairweather, the preliminary assessment got underway with aerial reconnaissance and terrestrial teams in affected areas.   The preliminary figures are at thirty-three point eight million dollars. [...]

NEMO Minister says it could have been worse

  Everyone agrees that Richard was quite a storm. Although the mood at NEMO headquarters was celebratory because it could have been far worse, Minister of NEMO Melvin Hulse was [...]

B.E.L. customers in the dark; when will electricity be back on?

Most of the country still remains without power. Cities, towns and villages across the country lost power shortly after five on Sunday evening as Hurricane Richard made landfall near central [...]

Red Cross activated to aid with the disaster in Richard’s wake

In times of hurricanes, we have come to rely on the Belize Red Cross. Earlier today we found the organization in full disaster management mode. Over a hundred teams have [...]

CEMO making first assessments and disbursements

And while Richard left our shores, it is going to take a while before the lives of those affected will return to normalcy.  To help the many thousands in Belize [...]

Sports Monday also affected by Hurricane Richard

Well by now you’d know that Richard caused substantive damage around the country and that life came to a standstill in most areas as most citizens headed to shelters or [...]