Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Disasters, Featured » Toddlers after drinking insecticide
Apr 30, 2014

Toddlers after drinking insecticide

Gutige Usher

An Orange Walk mother’s worst fear was realized today when her infant child ingested a fatal dose of insecticide.  This morning, sometime around ten-thirty, two-year-old Gutige Usher was outside playing in the yard while his mother was doing the laundry.  She realized that her son was missing and then heard the toddler crying.  She reported that the strong odor of a chemical substance believed to be termite poison was coming from the child.  Gutige later told his mother that he had been drinking juice.  Despite being rushed by taxi to the Northern Regional Hospital the minor did not survive the ordeal.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

4 Responses for “Toddlers after drinking insecticide”

  1. Al Rich says:

    My heart goes out to this mother, I cannot even imagine what it is like to loose a child. I would like to encourage parents to watch your children, they are curious about things but it is up to us to take care of them. We need to be the adult and take care of them.

  2. H@tari says:

    The mother should be prosecuted for child abuse.

  3. Selvio Martinez says:

    I am so sorry for your loss, I will keep you in my prayers and may God Bless you.

  4. Milne says:

    My heart goes out to the mother, I cannot even imagine what it is like to loosing a child. Lets be more careful parents by monitoring our child regularly.

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*