Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Crime » Still no leads in the rape of a San Ignacio resident
Dec 30, 2013

Still no leads in the rape of a San Ignacio resident

San Ignacio Police continue to hunt for three men wanted in connection with a rape on Boxing Day in San Ignacio. As is the case with most rape investigations where the identity of the victim must be protected, details are sketchy. The victim, alleged to be eighteen years old and from the Belize district, was attacked by the men minutes after she exited the Princess Casino in San Ignacio. It is believed that two of the men held her down while the third raped her. Police are hoping that surveillance footage from the Casino may be able to shed some light on the identity of the attackers.

 

Insp. Reymundo Reyes, O.C., San Ignacio Police Formation

“On the twenty-sixth of December of this year, sometime after four, police from San Ignacio were called to the hospital where on arrival they saw a female in the emergency room who reported that she had been raped. Information or investigations so far reveal that the young lady went to the Casino along with others, but sometime around three-thirty, she came out by herself and made her way towards the vehicle in which they went. At the time, it is alleged that three persons were near the vehicle and as she got inside the vehicle, she was hailed by two of the guys and raped by a third person. Statements are being recorded at this moment. We are trying to obtain maybe assistance of video clips from the casino to see if it can assist us if anybody maybe—at the time of her coming out—if she came out by herself, if somebody followed her; that could assist us with the investigation. But at this moment the investigation is ongoing.”

 

Reymundo Reyes

Mike Rudon

“Could you tell us if apart from the surveillance cameras, are there any other leads?  Was she able to identify any of her attackers?”

 

Insp. Reymundo Reyes

“Not at this moment. That is why we are waiting for the surveillance footages to be revealed to us and then we could see if we could follow up and find out what really transpired out there that morning.”

 

Today, Police told News Five that at this point, they believe it was an isolated incident and a crime of opportunity. 

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

1 Response for “Still no leads in the rape of a San Ignacio resident”

  1. hyacinth says:

    Any actions of harassment to the women will always consider as being disrespectful. Women also must be responsible of they act or what they ware so that they will not experience this kind of thing that will feel them like being disrespected by men or even other people around them. Keep safe and protected let us bring protection with us specially to our kids give them the safety all they need where ever they are we don’t know what will happen next let us be responsible all the time check this out at http://safekidzone.com/#!/page….

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*