Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Miscellaneous » San Pedro construction worker fatally electrocuted
May 30, 2006

San Pedro construction worker fatally electrocuted

A construction worker employed at San Pedro, Ambergis Caye, has died in an accidental electrocution. According to police, thirty-two year old David Pott of Buena Vista Village in Corozal, was mixing cement at a site on the southern part of the island this morning, when he came in contact with an exposed extension cord. That kind of exposure to electricity would not normally be fatal but since he was wet his body acted as a conductor, causing Pott’s death.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*