Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Commentary, Featured » Poll says cost of living “gahn up”
Jun 1, 2012

Poll says cost of living “gahn up”

In the past four years, has your cost of living increased or decreased? That’s the question we asked our viewers this week. Eighty-seven percent of those who responded via our e-poll said the cost of living has increased while thirteen percent voted that it decreased.  On our blog, most of those who commented generally expressed disbelief that there are persons who actually believe the cost of living has gone down.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

2 Responses for “Poll says cost of living “gahn up””

  1. Blackmint says:

    I agree with rod

  2. eric says:

    I would like to conscript one of those individuals within that 13% in order to strap to my newly made cart. With the price of fuel being what it is I need one of these a$$ to pull my cart. You already have the qualities of a good beast of burden, you don’t look left or right and you abide by the load the cart and don’t worry about the mule way of life. Are you people serious? Have you sold your souls so completely to the political machinery of totalitarianism and economic slavery that you have nothing else to lose? Your ignorant devotion is both dumbfounding and tragic. You may say 13% is a paltry sum but when it comes to unquestionable stupidity even 0.0001% is way too much. If only the remaining 87% of the Belizean population could live in this blissfully ignorant utopia where these 13% live and where decisions like whether to feed your hungry child or educate them due to the high cost of living really does not matter. I think however that the worst part of all of this is that the remaining 87% of Belizeans are already acting like the 13 percenters because when we sit back and silently complain to ourselves about all of these social ills presently plaguing our country and do nothing about them then I would say there is no reason for e-poll’s and opinions on such matters for we have already accepted our tragic reality.
    My humble suggestion would be to have an e-poll on the issues that really seem to matter to Belizeans, like who has the best car in Belize, the most face book friends, how much text messages are sent daily and which hip hop or dancehall artist glorifies materialism and killing the most you know something along these lines these are the issues that seems to matter the most to Belizeans these days. They said that the 5th Roman emperor Nero fiddled while Rome burnt; I bet these politicians on both sides own fiddles as they taking sadistic pleasure in the terrible misfortunes of their people. Has anyone ever asked the question why it is only around election time that members of the opposition suddenly become champions of the people and are concerned about the suffering of the people? Where are they the remainder of the time?

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*