Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Trials » Several accused murderers of Jessie Jones freed
Jun 2, 2011

Several accused murderers of Jessie Jones freed

Three of four persons accused in the murder of twenty-two year-old Jessie Jones were freed earlier this week. The Director of Public Prosecutions forwarded the directive to Belmopan Magistrate, Adolph Lucas, stating that there was insufficient evidence against twenty-four year olds Lionel Sampson and Leroy Anthony Richards as well as twenty-seven year old Kimberly Oshon. The fourth accused person, twenty-four year old Cecil Castillo will proceed to a preliminary inquiry to determine whether he will stand trial for the murder. Jones was a resident of Ontario Village and he was shot on September seventh when he intervened in an argument between two rival gang members. The murder occurred in front of two houses where the rivals lived and police believed that one of Jones’ friends set both houses on fire after he was shot. Sampson, Richards, Oshon and Castillo were charged two days later. Police confiscated a point twenty-five caliber pistol, four live rounds of ammunition and an expended shell from Oshon when she was detained.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

3 Responses for “Several accused murderers of Jessie Jones freed”

  1. cg says:

    why do these people bother arresting anybody anymore?

  2. Storm says:

    Let’s all agree: we SHALL swiftly hang ALL convicted murderers. [After a fair trial, of course.]

  3. Elgin Martinez says:

    Why even go to court for a Nolle Prosequi.Stop wasting the people’s money on BS.

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*