Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Featured, Miscellaneous, People & Places » Asphyxia is the cause of death of fire victim
Jan 28, 2011

Asphyxia is the cause of death of fire victim

Octogenarian Olivia Supal perished in a fire at her residence on G.S. Street, an offshoot of Jane Usher Boulevard, on Tuesday night.  Despite an attempt by fifteen year old Julian Diego to save the elderly woman, she, along with the contents of her home, was consumed by the blaze.  Supal’s completely burned body was discovered inside the wooden house when the flames were extinguished. In the aftermath of the tragedy a post mortem examination was conducted on her body where it was certified that the eighty-one year old died of asphyxia due to carbon monoxide inhalation. Supal’s relatives have since come forward to claim the body.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

1 Response for “Asphyxia is the cause of death of fire victim”

  1. OriginalWoman says:

    Sad story, my condolences to the family and friends of Ms. Supal.

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*