Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Miscellaneous » Four year old child electrocuted by faulty cord
Nov 30, 2009

Four year old child electrocuted by faulty cord

Story PictureTragedy struck late this afternoon in the Junesville Area of Belize City when a minor was electrocuted. The name of the four year old child has not been confirmed, but neighbours say he is known as Jay-Jay and he attends the Lloyd Coffin Preschool. The fatal incident occurred at about four p.m. when the child was at home with his step-father and his mother, a traffic warden, was at work. News Five understands that the step-father was inside the bathroom when Jay-Jay tripped over the cord of a fan that was joined in several places. The minor was electrocuted and his body was found minutes later by the stepfather in the living room beside the fan. The body was transferred to the K.H.M.H. where it awaits a post mortem exam. It is alleged that the family was receiving an illegal electrical supply from an underground line. B.E.L. authorities were later called in and cut the power supply from the post.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*