Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Disasters » Two year old burned in P.G. fire
Oct 6, 1998

Two year old burned in P.G. fire

A two year old boy has received second degree burns after being left unattended in his home which caught fire. According to reports from Punta Gorda, the mother, Sandra Casimiro, had left her son, Colin Ordonez, sleeping in a bedroom while she went out around ten Monday morning. Inside the bedroom was a lighted kerosene lamp without a lampshade. It is believed the lamp blazed up and the flames caught on something flammable and spread throughout the house. Colin, who was trapped inside the burning building, started screaming. Luckily, a neighbour, twenty year old Efrain Alvarez, heard the commotion. Alvarez, broke through the wooden siding and managed to pull the little boy to safety, just before the house burned completely to the ground. However, young Ordonez did receive second degree burns to his head, back, arms and legs and is presently in the Punta Gorda hospital. His condition is described as serious but stable. The fifteen by twenty-foot wooden house, located at the corner of Rosewood and Flamboyant Streets, was owned by Jane Lucas and was not insured. Police investigations continue.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*