Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Disasters » Fire at Dorothy Menzies!
Jul 2, 2018

Fire at Dorothy Menzies!

There was a fire at the Dorothy Menzies Childcare Center on Sunday evening.  The blaze gutted the kitchen when forty-one-year-old Leonie Williams, a cook’s assistant working at the facility, reportedly forgot to turn off the stove after preparing supper for the kids.  Police responded to the location on Saint Thomas Street shortly after five p.m. and found that a two-storey building which housed the kitchen was engulfed in flames.  According to Martina Fuller, she was sitting on the porch when she smelled smoke emanating from the kitchen.  Despite all .attempts to douse the fire, the employee was unable to quell the blaze.  Police and fire officials are investigating the incident.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*