Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Crime » Heat for George Street over Video Threats
Jan 11, 2018

Heat for George Street over Video Threats

On Monday we reported on a video posted on Facebook where claims were made from certain gang quarters claiming responsibility for Garcia’s death. When we spoke with Police earlier this week, they didn’t have any information on the video. Today, CIB personnel Alejandro Cowo says he has not seen the video, but investigators have looked into it and are actively investigating the matter. This he says could result in charges.

 

ASP Alejandro Cowo, O.C., C.I.B., Belize City Police

“I have personally not seen it.”

 

Alejandro Cowo

Andrea Polanco

“Are police looking into that?”

 

Alejandro Cowo

“Yes. Definitely. I know Police are looking as to how that video came about and people are being questioned in regards to that video.”

 

Andrea Polanco

“So if these threats – if the Police see it and consider these [words] to be threats; is this something that the police would likely charge anyone for the threats?”

 

Alejandro Cowo

“Definitely the police are conducting an investigation and if there is any fault on anybody the person will be charge.”

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*