Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Miscellaneous, People & Places » Kids and Fire are a Bad Mix
Jan 8, 2018

Kids and Fire are a Bad Mix

Benisford Matura

Just before the Christmas holiday we reported on a blaze at the barracks on Flamboyant Street that left two families without a roof over their head. The fire department reported that a child caused that fire and a candle caused the most recent fire in Taylor’s Alley. Today Assistant Fire Chief Benisford Matura reminded the public to be careful when using candles and other items that can cause fires.

 

Benisford Matura, Assistant Fire Chief, National Fire Service

“We just want to stress to the general public to be careful when, for example, this is a structure where they didn’t use the candle properly, so it will end up with house fire in this area. Remember fire is a tool and not a toy so keep children away from fire and don’t leave toddlers or inquisitive children where they can use matches, or lighter or even stove to create fire or don’t know how to control it or use it.”

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*