Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Featured, Miscellaneous, People & Places » Too Late, Andre Vega Says He Will Give Up Land and Blames Agent and J.P.
Aug 30, 2017

Too Late, Andre Vega Says He Will Give Up Land and Blames Agent and J.P.

This evening, News Five obtained a letter sent by Andre Vega’s attorney, Estevan Perera, to C.E.O. in the Ministry of Natural Resources, Sharon Ramclam Young. Basically, the son of the former Deputy Prime Minister says he is prepared to relinquish the seven-acre Mosquito Caye property to prevent further issues. But the point is moot in light of the earlier statement by the Prime Minister that the documents for the land are to be canceled.  Vega contends that the purchase of the Caye Caulker property of less than an acre was done through an unnamed land agent, eliminating the need for Vega and Amy Forte to meet. Nonetheless, Vega says he received the original title and executed conveyance, including obtaining the signatures of both Amy Forte and J.P. Padron on the documents and handing over the purchase price of thirty thousand dollars to the agent. According to Vega, the J.P.’s signature – someone his family knows and has dealt with regularly – was enough for him to consider the document genuine. He makes no mention of the Forte signature and any dealings with her. Vega contends that it was the Ministry that had agreed to the compensation when it came out that the original land was not available. Now, we wonder if he will do the same for the ongoing case in which the government is pursuing four hundred thousand dollars he owes. This is for just over an acre of land near the Haulover Bridge, at mile five between the Caribbean Sea and the Philip Goldson Highway, which the government took over after Vega originally paid fifteen thousand dollars for it.

 

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

1 Response for “Too Late, Andre Vega Says He Will Give Up Land and Blames Agent and J.P.”

  1. SCANDAL says:

    They should also investigate all the other “new beachfront lots” that were surveyed & popped up around the same time – Caye Caulker North Side in front of other beachfront owners (this made the news)….remember Vega’s press conference on the subject? This needs to be revisited. Nobody in their right mind at this point believes any word that came out of his mouth at that Press Conference. Same sly operative took place that cheated beachfront owners off their valuable beach…..investigate it Channel 5 – it was all a scam to enrich themselves and cronies the whole island believes…..these people so far have gotten away robbing the people blind, while the ordinary man goes to jail for an pound of weed. This corruption needs to stop!

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*