Fire Service Stops Potentially Catastrophic Fire in St. Martin’s Area
A potentially dangerous house fire was averted this afternoon, thanks to prompt response by personnel from the National Fire Service. Shortly after twelve o’clock, a call was placed to the fire department informing them of a fire near Flamboyant Street in the St. Martin’s de Porres area. A team was immediately dispatched to the scene where flames and thick smoke were observed emanating from a concrete two-storey structure. News Five understands that a bedroom within the apartment complex caught fire when a toddler who was reportedly playing with matches accidentally lit the mattress. Fortunately, police and firemen were able to quell the flames before they spread to other parts of the building. The tenant occupying that room declined interview, suffice to say that the fire was the result of an unsupervised child playing on the bed with matches.