Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Featured, Miscellaneous, People & Places, Regional / International, Travel » Transport Minister Wishes for More Harvest Cayes to Bring More Development
Nov 23, 2016

Transport Minister Wishes for More Harvest Cayes to Bring More Development

It seems only Minister of Transport Edmond Castro didn’t get the memo or heard on the news that there was a shut out of local media from the grand Harvest Caye opening last week. Local media were reporting on Harvest Caye from the start and all through the controversies, including the steps it took to get to where it is, but on the big day we were simply told you are not invited. So, today when reporters caught up with Minister Castro – who for the record was there cutting the ribbon in his capacity as Minister of Transport – we asked him about Harvest Caye and what it represents for Belize. He said he would like to see similar projects for Belize because they would provide jobs.

 

Reporter

“Now, sir, we also note that you visited Harvest Caye last week Thursday when the rest of the media and the rest of the nation didn’t get that nice opportunity. Give us your take?”

 

Edmond Castro

Edmond Castro, Minister of Transport

“I don’t think you are quite correct. I noticed that there was media out there covering the event on Harvest Caye. I saw on the news there was great coverage. Suh, I nuh think the whole media neva reach, maybe you neva gone. I saw it on the news that it was well covered.”

 

Andrea Polanco

“That was a sanitized version, sir, by the press office?”

 

Edmond Castro

“Well, they are a part of the media.”

 

Reporter

“But, share with us, being out there seeing the finished product what was the immediate thought that came to mind?”

 

Edmond Castro

“I think that I would like to see more of the Cruise Line do something similar to that in terms of developing a port that we could bring and employ more Belizeans. I think that establishment out there, Harvest Caye, currently employs about 500 to 700 Belizeans, so I believe if the other Cruise Lines could do the same. Could you imagine four or five times that amount, much more Belize families would be eating directly and other spin off as it relates to tour guides and so on. So, we need more tour guides in the south.”

 

When asked if Harvest Caye is open to locals or only tourists, Minister Castro said he believed it was created for international visitors only.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

3 Responses for “Transport Minister Wishes for More Harvest Cayes to Bring More Development”

  1. Harry bounce says:

    This castro minister is a complete MORAN; THE WICKED WALK ON EVERY SIDE, WHEN THE VILEST MEN ARE EXALTED. PSALM 12 : 8.

  2. Harry bounce says:

    This is the same minister that treates the people of BELIZE LIKE ANIMALS, GIVEN THEM LITTLE MATCHBOX HOUSES WITH OUT RUNNING WATER , PLUMBING OR ELECTRICITY. Selling BELIZE TO THE HIGEST BIDDERS.OPEN YOUR EYES BELIZEAN ! STAND UP AND FIGHT !

  3. joe says:

    and they knew this all along. sick and tired of these twisted, wicked, no good politicians. as long as their pockets are lined, who cares about the rest of the people?

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*