Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Disasters, Miscellaneous, People & Places » Fire Destroys Part of family’s Home on Hunter’s Lane
Oct 26, 2016

Fire Destroys Part of family’s Home on Hunter’s Lane

When a fire engine passes you by on the street, does it occur to you, even for one second, that where they may be racing to in a hurry just may be your residence? It happened today to Ines Jimenez, a Belize City Council worker residing with her family at number seventeen Hunter’s Lane. Around one this afternoon, she got the terrible news that her house was on fire after seeing a fire engine pass her on the street. It appears to have been started accidentally and wiped out her grandchildren’s bedroom and most of their necessities, although worse was avoided, including injuries.

 

Ines Jimenez, Fire Victim

“I noh know weh ih do, the lee boy – the pa seh he no know weh ih do neida. Cah he mi eena di room wid di baby, cah ih ma lef ah di sid down pahn di chair. So ih say deh no got light on or notin, dehn seh dehn di tink bout how the lee boy gahn, and hold something and put it eena di stove, because dehn di cook. And the time he tun, ih gahn gah put something pan di stove, and come quick een yah and light – me no know weh ih light. He seh ih no know weh ih light.”

 

Reporter

“How was the fire put out?”

 

Ines Jimenez

Ines Jimenez

“The boy help throw – the neighbours start to come and throw water and thing like that.”

 

Reporter

“Now who lives here…”

 

Ines Jimenez

“It’s my house.”

 

Reporter

“It’s your house, but in this…”

 

Ines Jimenez

“My daughter stay een yah cause ih got ih kids and so right? I stay in here with them too, because sometimes I come and stay wid dehn and so.”

 

Reporter

“Did they lose all of their stuff?”

 

Ines Jimenez

“No, no, noh really, really, but eena mi daata room yah, and the ceiling and the wire and everything weh mess up, dehn no wah gah currant or nothing. This dah the pikni bedroom, right? And even the mattress and everything, deh no gah fi sleep pan now, cause it destroy.”

 

The family can be contacted to provide assistance at cell number 626-8495.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*