Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Crime » Two-year-old dead of electrocution
Jun 28, 2004

Two-year-old dead of electrocution

A two-year-old Dangriga boy has died tragically from electrocution. According to police, the child, identified as Cory Rosa, was playing in a yard with his siblings when he touched the live wire that the family used to get current from a neighbour. According to the mother, Patricia Rosa, she was sleeping around eight-thirty on Saturday morning when one of her children woke her up and said that her son had been electrocuted. Dangriga police say it is not certain if the mother will be charged in the incident, as the matter is still under investigation. According to local authorities, the family’s house is in a new area of Dangriga where it is not uncommon for poor families to initiate makeshift connections to get electricity.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*