Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Crime, Featured, Trials » 8 Months Later, Paul Jex Jr. is Charged for Rape after Home Invasion in Boom
Jul 4, 2016

8 Months Later, Paul Jex Jr. is Charged for Rape after Home Invasion in Boom

Paul Jex Jr.

Today, exactly seven months after the aggravated burglary of the home of Lebanese Consul, Sarkis Bou-Nehra, Rural Eastern Division Police are looking to charge four additional suspects. In fact, a DNA sample sent out following the rape of a female at the home has come back positive as that of twenty-one-year-old Paul Jex Junior, a resident of Cemetery Road in Belize City. Jex Junior along with his father, Paul Jex Senior and sixteen others persons were charged in connection with the December third home invasion in Burrell Boom. Today, Jex Junior appeared unrepresented before Magistrate Emmerita Anderson and read a single charge of rape. No plea was taken since the matter is an indictable offense, but on Tuesday, a bail hearing will be held for Jex Junior. ACP Edward Broaster told the media that another suspect is likely to be charged for a sexual encounter of an indecent nature.

 

ACP Edward Broaster, Regional Commander, Rural Eastern Division

“We had taken samples for DNA purposes which was sent to the DNA lab in Miami and we got back the results and the genetic profile that was sent linked Paul Jex to the rape of the female at the Bou Nahra’s residence. He has since been charged for rape, aggravated burglary, theft, conspiracy to commit burglary and conspiracy to commit rape. There was a second test sent which came back and had a genetic profile of some of the suspects that we had arrested, but not linking them. We had since detained the suspect we believe that profile is for and he has since be swabbed and that test will be sent to the lab to confirm whether or not that suspect is the individual in the second result. Two of the suspects were suspects prior, but we didn’t have the evidence to deal with them. But hopefully now, with the new developments that we’ve had, we are able to tie them to the case.”

Edward Broaster

Duane Moody

“Sir in terms of that, you also spoke of a second profile of which a person will be swab. I don’t understand the connection there. You are saying that that person was involved in the rape as well?”

 

ACP Edward Broaster

“That person was involved in a sexual encounter of an indecent nature in the same case.”

 

Reporter

“So you are looking at two persons who might have sexually assaulted the maid.”

 

ACP Edward Broaster

“Well we have the confirmed one with Paul Jex of the rape and there is another sexual assault that occurred on the lady by that suspect.”

 

In December, just days after the invasion, police charged a number of criminal figures, including three females for offenses including rape, aggravated burglary, theft, and firearm offenses. Initially, Tyrone Meighan had been charged for rape, but that charged has since been withdrawn from him.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

2 Responses for “8 Months Later, Paul Jex Jr. is Charged for Rape after Home Invasion in Boom”

  1. Robert says:

    If it’s him it simply means he was so frustrated and can’t get punnany on his own he has to go take it by force from helpless woman- what a loser and he will always be one even if he gets off on a technicality

  2. Joe says:

    I agree with you Robert. This azzhole should have been convicted for murder a few years go.

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*