Belize - Belize News - Channel5Belize.com - Great Belize Productions - Belize Breaking News
Home » Crime » Police shooting victim’s family questions status of case
Nov 28, 2005

Police shooting victim’s family questions status of case

Story PictureThe family of the late twenty-one year old Leslie Rogers is in shock tonight following reports that the man accused of shooting their loved one will not be brought up on charges. According to Patricia Bennett, the family has yet to be officially informed by the Director of Public Prosecutions that the charges against police constable twenty-nine year old Aldo Ayuso have been dropped. Ayuso allegedly shot Leslie in the head on Euphrates Avenue on February twelfth. Today, the family says all they know is that their attorney was told that the case file had been handed back to the police commissioner with instructions that the Chief Magistrate and Chief Coroner Herbert Lord conduct a formal inquest. The family says they are hoping the reports are not true because if it is, it would be a huge disappointment in the justice system, especially since an inquest was never done. Bennett says the family intends to meet with the Chief Magistrate to verify for themselves what is the status of the case. News Five’s attempts to get a comment from the office of the Director Public Prosecution were unsuccessful as the director was out of office for the day. Meanwhile, reports are that Ayuso remains on interdiction on disciplinary charges after a gun-related complaint was made against him.

Be Sociable, Share!


Viewers please note: This Internet newscast is a verbatim transcript of our evening television newscast. Where speakers use Kriol, we attempt to faithfully reproduce the quotes using a standard spelling system.

Advertise Here

Leave a Reply

CAPTCHA Image
*